BAPtofect™-25 0.5mg Kit (For Insect Only)
For Insect Only
BAPtofect-25 is a revolutionary new transfection reagent offering significant advantages for insect transfection over existing products. Comprised of branched amphipathic peptide capsules (BAPC™), an entirely new class of nanocarrier, the kit overcomes many of the common transfection issues associated with lipid, protein, and polymer-based products.
- Non-toxic to insects
- Capable of binding with dsRNA, oligonucleotides, plasmids, and CRISPR-Cas9 components
- Able to be injected intra-abdominally or delivered orally
- Water soluble
- Proven to transfect CRISPR products beyond the germline
- Extremely stable in harsh environments (including the insect gut)
- Verified safe for honeybees by EPA method toxicology study
Transfecting with BAPtofect-25 yields improved efficacy and accuracy in your experiments. Not only will you experience better distribution of your payload, but the lack of cytotoxicity results in virtually no cell death. Injection near ovaries produces heritable germline gene editing in subsequent generations. This makes it possible to edit genes across arthropods and bypasses the need for microinjection of eggs, which typically results in their death.
BAPtofect-25 is also available with encapsulated florescent dyes to visually confirm cell and tissue transfection.
In addition to the BAPC, each kit includes nano pure water and calcium chloride (CaCl2) to function as a potentiator in the reconstitution process.
Related Published Research
- Germline Mutagenesis of Nasonia Vitripennis Through Ovarian Delivery of CRISPR-Cas9 Ribonucleoprotein
- Delivery of Lethal dsRNAs in Insect Diets by Branched Amphiphilic Peptide Capsules
- BAPC-assisted CRISPR/Cas9 System: Targeted Delivery into Adult Ovaries for Heritable Germline Gene Editing (Arthropoda: Hemiptera)